#body {margin-top:10px;}
Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Mission Self-Tan: Volume One

I finally got to the store on Sunday to buy a self-tanner, despite wanting to eradicate my pasty complexion for about a month. I made a list of all of your recommendations, but ended up settling on a self-tanner no one had recommended, Dove Energy Glow Daily Moisturizer with Subtle Self-Tanners. I was swayed for a number of reasons. I love Dove's line of beauty and body care products. The bottle was attractive. The lotion itself exhibited a silky feel and had a pleasant smell in the bottle. I also purchased Neutrogena Build-a-Tan Gradual Sunless Tanning Face SPF 15. I currently use Neutrogena facial products and have always been pleased with the quality of ingredients and the results.

So later that evening, I completed my first application and I was very pleased with the immediate results. The lotion is not too thick and was an ease to apply to my legs, arms and chest, without feeling like I was missing places. It dried fairly quickly and didn't rub off onto my towel or robe. A couple of hours later though, I started to detect a faint odor of self-tanner. And it grew stronger as the night wore on. And after my fourth day of application (today), I reek.

I am however, very pleased with the Neutrogena. It dries quickly, is oil-free and contains SPF. It's taking longer to build the tan on my face, but it's more gradual and natural, which I prefer. What more could a girl ask for?

After I run out of this bottle of Dove, I'm going to try something else. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive to the self-tanner smell. They all probably smell like that. Anyway, I'd rate the experiment fairly successful and I can have my bronze aura without the fake-n-bake. At least I won't look like an old bag when I'm 30...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]