#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Fresh Queen of Nashville

What's the point of staying up past your bedtime on a school night if you don't watch cheesy tv sitcom reruns? Point in case, I'm tuned into the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and fighting off yawns while I punch out the obligatory New Year's blog post.

Inspiration arrives from all over, even from the aformentioned show's theme song. I'm struck by the word, "fresh," as it is rather apropos for the season. I love a beginning and my M.O. is highly motivated by something like a new year.

I am confident that the year 2008 will hold much change in store for me, and so far, my outlook is positive. Events occuring near the end of 2007 mean new traditions, a new homestead, and new friends. With that comes new challenges, new places, and new boys. How exciting! And to think that I don't even know the half of it yet!

Reading over my last New Year's post, I realize how much I've grown in the year 2007. And I also realize that my one resolution will carry itself into 2008:

Discover and manifest the woman God created me, on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level.

Tonight, I hosted my second-annual Black-eyed Pea Party, complete with black-eyed pea salsa, black-eyed pea quesadillas, and a traditional pot of the little brown beauties for an extra shot of luck. Lana and Siebe snuck out before the rest of us toasted to the new year with a spoonful, and some of us even double-dipped our luck.

ab hinc anno MMVIII!

I pulled up to to the year of two-thousand-and-eight,
And I yelled to the last year, yo, home smell you later
Looked at my kingdom I was finally here
To settle my throne as the Queen of Nashville!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]