#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hell has officially frozen over.

You ever have one of those days where your time would be of better use to you outside the workplace? I mean, you legitimately have more work to do outside the office than lies in your inbox? Today is one of those days.

You'd think that my inbox would be overflowing because I was out for a day and a half last week for Mamaw's funeral. But truth be told, it's only partially full, and most is junk that needs to be deleted anyway. I'm in a holding pattern right now, waiting on artwork to route, approvals, and for events to occur. It's going to be a pretty boring day. Shockingly, I think that's the first time I've ever said that at my new job of eight months. Toto, I don't think we're at Adtec anymore...

However, the tables are turned in my personal life. I have so much to do and so little time to do it, that I'm stressed out. I've got Christmas shopping to do, a filthy apartment to clean, about four loads of clothes to wash, two pies to bake from scratch, Christmas cards to write, an empty-refrigerator to refill, and so-on-and-so-forth. Not to mention that I need some personal care, like a pedicure, an eyebrow wax and a haircut. And it'd also be nice to find some time to visit a couple of friends and maybe read a chapter or two in my book club book...

And here I sit at work...watching the clock. It took me almost an hour-and-a-half to get here this morning, because of an overturned dump truck and two other fender benders in my way. You'd think that my tardiness would at least be making my day go by faster... *sigh*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think either one of us could have written this post. nice to know we're not completely alone.
~ari

12:51 PM

 
Blogger none said...

Mary Anna, you're a rock star. Thank you for the lovely Christmas card. I have been unable to get my life under control enough to send any myself. I have an exam in 3 hours, in fact, and after that, I am so excited to clean my incredibly messy apartment and tweeze my eyebrows. :)

6:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]