#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, January 2, 2007

MMVII

Can I get an "amen"? Is anyone else as happy as I am to be done forever with the year twenty-six? While 2006 wasn't a tragic year, it wasn't one that I will refer to lovingly when reminiscing the past.

During the Christmas season, I read the highly recommended Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I don't typically read Christian fiction because of the "cheese-factor," but whatever expectations I had for the book prior to reading it, paled in comparison to my love for this story after finishing. It is a biblical retelling of the book of Hosea, set during the California Gold Rush, where a prostitute is convinced of God's unconditional love through her relationship with a Christian man. The book was a reminder to me that Christ will never fall out of love with Mary Anna Brown.

I made quite a few mistakes in 2006, and that's a conservative estimate. Lately, I've been really down about failed dating relationships, a couple of fizzled friendships, and an undefined career path. I'm ready for a fresh start in 2007 and with that, I have one resolution (one to rule them all):

Discover and manifest the woman God created me, on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level.

ab hinc anno MMVII!

6 Comments:

Blogger none said...

I hope you have a great 2007!

And thank you so much for the Christmas card. It was so nice to come back home after 2 weeks away and have more than just junk mail waiting for me. :)

5:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you MAB and so needed to hear that too. Maybe I will look into reading that book!
Love, Ash

6:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will definitely get that book. I need to start reading more than magazines and dog training books. I'm glad we got to talk the other night. And being told off by my office manager for a simple misunderstanding this morning, I'm putting in my notice on the 15th!! Good luck with your one resolution. I hope we talk again before our Christmas dinner!
Marcie

8:53 AM

 
Blogger Emily said...

Man, I love that book!

Here's to a wonderful 2007!!!

9:53 AM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Very good book. I read it a few times in college and still have it around here somewhere. I'm always in tears by the last chapter.

Bye, 2006!

11:32 AM

 
Blogger Suz said...

Oh honey...You can learn through the worst of circumstances. Don't worry about the mistakes...God uses everything to teach you and our lives will never be perfect. I love how you talked about discovering and manifestign the woman God created you to be--25 is a great year for becoming more comfortable in your own skin. You are doing it!

I am delighted to know you.

PS-thanks for the sweet card!

7:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]