#body {margin-top:10px;}
Monday, November 13, 2006

Let the games begin!

Saturday afternoon, I thought I'd get ahead of the game, and complete some of my Christmas shopping a little early. Much to my dismay, everyone south of the Mason-Dixon line, had the same idea. And evidently, they all decided to come to Cool Springs.

After three hours of standing in line, I exited Parisian, heading for my car. As I'm walking down the row, a lady flies past me in her car, then slams on her brakes when she realizes my spot is about to become vacant. About this time, a lady pulls in behind her, and turns on her blinker, intending to pull into my spot. The first lady, begins to back up, and in a matter of seconds, both cars are bumper-to-bumper, right behind my vehicle.

I sit in my car a moment, halfway backed out of the parking place, waiting to see who's going to win this Mexican standoff. Looking in my rearview mirror, I see them gesture wildly at each other. The gestures are a mix of hands flying up in the air, pointing, and furious waving. I see open mouths, muffled by their respective vehicles, and angry eyes. One minute passes, and I'm still only halfway out of the parking space.

I look down at the time, then look back up. All of a sudden, both women are out of their vehicles, positioned behind mine, screaming at each other. I kid thee not.

By this time, I've had enough. I roll down my window, shout at both of them, "HEY! I don't care WHO gets this parking spot, but you both better move out of my way NOW!"

They look a bit startled---as if they had forgotten I was there. The first lady gets back in her vehicle, and screeches off. I'd like to say that I exit the parking lot without anymore drama, but ten minutes later, I'm still sitting in parking lot traffic.

What a way to kick off the holiday season...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

That is CRAZY! (People are so odd.)

10:41 AM

 
Blogger Emily said...

Wow, a real-life "to wanda"!

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]