#body {margin-top:10px;}
Monday, October 16, 2006

October Blue

I can't believe it's already the 16th of October. Seriously.

Yesterday afternoon, I secured my pumpkin for the year. Lana and I fought bad directions, a girl named Mary-Margaret, and a tag-a-long spider in our quest for the grandest vegetable of them all. This year, instead of the traditional orange carving pumpkin, I settled on an Australian variety, known as the Queensland Blue. The lady at the farmer's market said it will last through Christmas, and turn an even more vibrant shade of blue-green as it ripens. I also picked up a cute mini-bushel of blue Indian corn.

Last night, I was piddling around my apartment, and I noticed that it was really quiet. I looked around for my little Bastard Cat, Jack, and didn't see him lounging in any of his favorite places. I walked into my bedroom, and didn't see him on my bed either. I heard a little murmur coming from my closet, and as I flip on the light, I find my cat on top of my freshly folded sweaters and cardigans, that I'd pulled out of summer hibernation earlier in the day. He was too cute to scold...

6 Comments:

Blogger lauren said...

OMG, adorable! I want one!

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Mary Anna said...

What, the cat or the pumpkin? Cause you can't have my pumpkin...

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

and THIS is why I love Jack Jack! I'm not too sure about that pumpkin though MA- I have to ease into the fall-o-philia one orange gord at a time.

9:47 PM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Ahhhh

11:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish my kitten were that still long enough for a picture! too cute. love the pumpkin, btw. where did you get it?
~ari

1:20 PM

 
Blogger jillymae said...

truly one of the cutest cat pics ever!

1:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]