#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving, Compliments of the Dirty South

Dear little blog,
Thank you for allowing me an avenue to wax poetic about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness....and my Thanksgiving recap! Little blog, I am thankful for you.
Love,
Queen MAB

Last Wednesday night, Ben, his girlfriend, Brittany, and I, went to the ghetto movie theater in Jackson to see Deja Vu, Jerry Bruckheimer's latest crime-drama. The plot had plenty of unexpected twists and turns, and was overall, mindless entertainment. Plus, it's never a bad thing to keep an eye on Denzel, and Jim Caviezel, was oh-so-hot, in that "nerdy-dirty-mountain-man kind of way" (I know some of you are chuckling right now).

Anyway, that's not the point. As we are walking out of the theater, Britt comments aloud, "you know, Jim Caviezel always plays the bad guy in movies." Facetiously, I replied, "yeah, Britt. He played that Jesus Christ guy. He was soooooo bad. I mean, how dare he die for our sins!" Needless to say, we had more a couple of laughs at that one.

Thanksgiving, traditionally one of my favorite holidays, did not disappoint. Mom cooked a scrumptious meal, Mamaw was in high spirits, and Stella exhibited her puppy exhuberance, entertaining us all.

Representin' tha Dirty South with Mamaw and Ben


MA & Britt

Stella the Puppa, 9 months

Stella, pretending to be asleep on my pallet bed, so she doesn't have to sleep in her own bed

Fast-forward to Sunday morning, Mom and I headed to Jackson's for a pre-theatre brunch. Mom had surprised me a couple of months ago with Lion King tickets at TPAC. We were both really excited, but neither of us had any idea the show would be as good as it was. The opening sequence was simply breathtaking, with the colorful lights, the intricacy of the costumes, the harmonious music, and the magnetic energy ("We've got chemistry here. Did you feel it? I felt it. Alright Janice!). I don't think I even blinked during the entire rendition of "Circle of Life." I was blown away.

My favorite characters were Rafiki and Scar. Mom and I were both a little disappointed in the "grown" version of Simba, as the actor seemed a bit lacking in talent. I also really loved the animal costumes, especially the giraffes, rhinocerous and the hyenas.

Go see it. Now.

The long weekend allowed me to unpack all of my hibernating holiday decorations. It's a big job, but I always take so much delight in making the Aspen Bungalow festive. Winding down the weekend on Sunday night, I stopped to admire my handiwork---my fully decorated Christmas tree. Isn't she pretty?!

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Oh man, I totally agree on the grown Simba. That was my only negative comment about the whole thing. My dad was so right - He said, "He looked too much like David Alan Greer from Saturday Night Live. I couldn't stop thinking about that." Funny stuff.

And I am LOVIN' that picture of you, Ben and Mamaw. Hi-la-ri-ous.

1:48 PM

 
Blogger none said...

lovely tree! I plan to buy one for my apartment this weekend.

btw, I LOVE the Lion King musical... it made me cry!

1:49 PM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Wow, beautiful tree! Sounds like you had a great week. :)

4:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]