#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, February 9, 2010

At Risk

risk: (noun)
1) exposure to the chance of injury or loss;
2) a hazard or dangerous chance.

I've been thinking a lot about risk lately. For, perhaps, the first time in my life, I found something I'm willing to take a gamble. And this scares the living hell out of me.

Certain cliches designated as the themes of the American "romantic comedy" are pretty and convenient; such as, "the bigger the risk, the greater the reward." But Hollywood doesn't make movies with themes like, "the bigger the risk, the greater the damage." That doesn't sell.

My risk could turn into something beautiful. Or, it could be a train wreck.

That I'm even willing to talk about this somewhat openly is a big step outside my type-A comfort zone. I can't help but to be guarded. 28 years of singleness will do that to a girl. Can I get an Amen?

I'm so afraid of getting hurt. So afraid. But, I know two things:

1) God is sovereign.

2) He hasn't let me down yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger none said...

As a risk-averse person and long-time single gal, I understand your apprehension. But remember, God didn't give us the spirit of fear. Be open, and see what happens!

8:07 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

amen...

5:59 PM

 
Blogger Natrudy said...

A complete and total amen my friend.

4:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]