#body {margin-top:10px;}
Friday, April 10, 2009

Lady in Waiting

I received news yesterday that something I'd planned on for a month didn't pan out like I hoped. Strangely, I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be.

In my Beth Moore Esther study this week, the session's theme was about "waiting." Beth told us that we're not waiting on a person, an event, or a circumstance. We're waiting on God's plan for our lives, and until we realize this, we will constantly be restless.

I, for one, hate to wait. I like instant gratification, or at least planned delayed gratification. I don't mind waiting on something, as long as I control the circumstances in which I wait. I'm a mover and a shaker, and my psyche believes that waiting is a waste of time.

My coming to terms with patience has been, well, kinda ugly. But the timeliness of having to deal with this issue in my life couldn't be more apropos, as today is Good Friday. I am waiting three days for my Savior to rise and conquer death.

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His Word I put my hope.
Psalm 130:5

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "no" to ungodliness and worldy passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope -- the glorious appearing of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Titus 2:11-13

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney Baker said...

I'm with you girl (obviously). I hate that we are dealing with the same thing right now, but it is nice to know that there is one person in the world that knows exactly how I feel right now!

11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]