#body {margin-top:10px;}
Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sweet Clementine!

The likelihood that I will succumb to scurvy anytime soon is slim. That's because I'm addicted to Cuties, otherwise known as "Crack Balls" in my world. Cuties are a hybrid of a sweet orange and Chinese mandarin. The little buggers are easy-to-peel, delightfully sweet, and seedless. And they mock me in their cute little wooden crate, so I eat them. A lot of them. And, I take great joy in peeling the pith from the little pulpy pods.

Below are the Cutie carcasses from today's lunch. I won't tell you how many I consumed. Hint: more than two, less than fifty.


When I was in high school, I wrote poetry (not that I would actually ever share any of it with any of you). One time I wrote about an orange, and how it makes a "sonic boom" when it's pulled apart. You know what I'm talking about, right?

It's been a slow news week. Sue me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]