#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Namaste

While I should be sound asleep right now, my neurosis is keeping me up. Many hot blogs are cooking in my head, but my time has been spent on other pursuits. So now, faithful readers, I bow to you.

First things first (and so you can feel sorry for me), I'm coming down with a summer cold. You know the drill---my head hurts, throat's sore, stuffy nose, and soon to develop hacking cough. I only get sick about once a year. Last time I was sick was November of 07. It pays to be a germaphobe.

Now that we've got that out of the way, we can move on to one of the more exciting nuggets of my life...

Last week, I turned in my first freelance article for Christian Single magazine. My assignment was to write a first-person narrative to be published in the January 2009 issue of the magazine. In a few months, I will be able to add "magazine" to my journalistic repetoire.

Writing is something I've enjoyed since I was able to hold a pencil, but other than school assignments, term papers and a four-year stint with MTSU's campus newspaper, I haven't done much of it--unless you count those press releases I wrote on a regular basis for Adtec.

I began writing "The Queen MAB Manifesto" in February of 2006, and never-ever did I think it would become my passion. I didn't really feel a call to write professionally until about a year ago. And still, I haven't done anything about it until now. With much encouragement from family and friends, I finally made arrangements to expand my freelance writing career, and the rest is history. Or will be history someday. I think the floodgates are about to open. Don't let me get lazy now.

3 Comments:

Blogger none said...

That is so exciting! I will be hunting down a copy of that mag in January; make sure you post a reminder when it comes out!

12:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so proud of you!
Lana

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

So cool! Way to go, MA!

9:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]