#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Cat Came Back...

...the very next day. The cat came back, oh, we thought he was a goner! But the cat came back, the very next day, he just wouldn't stay away!

Skeevy Jones made his return today at about five o'clock. Guess he wasn't satisfied with our exchange yesterday.

I was standing in our author signing square, minding my own business, and I heard someone say, "hey Mary!"

Oh bless-ed.

I look up, and about five feet away from me, in the entry way to the signing area, I see Skeevy J. waving at me. I didn't move. He couldn't move, because there was a velvet rope restraining him. I think I cringed.

"So, how have things been today?"

"Just fine (until you walked up)."

"I just got off work--thought I'd drop by to see you."

"Oh, ok [grimace]."

About that time, one of my authors ran out of books, so I busied myself with restocking. Skeevy J. walked around the table, picked up Tony Dungy's book, and shoved it in my face.

"So, Mary, can you check me out?"

"Nope, sorry. But Rick here can (it's Mary Anna, thankyouverymuch!)."

"Aw, well I wanted you to do it. So, I'll call you when I get to Nashville this season and we'll go to a Titans game, right? You said you had season tickets, right?"

[ignoring him.]

"Hey, we're gonna catch up when I'm in Nashville, right? You know, go see a game together?"

[still ignoring him, while Rick shoots me a confused look.]

I turn around and walk to the opposite corner. Before I know it, he's wound his way around again.

"It's good seeing you, Mary. I'll talk to you soon."

Anybody remember this from 1980s Nickelodeon?

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

That is insane! Just reading that gave me the creep-chills!

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

I love it when you have time to blog, MA! :) I know what you mean about feeling stifled at times...it feels good to travel and explore, doesn't it?

12:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, this is just classic. I love you Mary Anna Brown. What a creepy guy. Wish there would have beena video camera.

11:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]