#body {margin-top:10px;}
Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mollydooker Shake

My Paris recap is coming soon, but in the meantime, I got my brother married off, entertained family members in town for the wedding, and tomorrow I leave for Indianapolis for the Southern Baptist Convention (jealous?).

Ben and Brittany got hitched on Friday, May 30 and they're spending their honeymoon in St. Lucia right now. The wedding was an affair that could've been found among the pages of Southern Bride and I had myself a right nice time. My mom was notably hot at the event, boobing-out in her dress, and I commented to her at one point that I was likely the only one in the family not getting laid that evening. I did make a little reconnection of my own though, but that's not for the pages of my blog. Let's just say that it was a Hollywood moment if I've ever seen one...

My cousin Steven and I tooled around on Saturday afternoon, and went to the Frist Center for the Visual Arts to see the Modern Masters exhibit after a Nashville barbeque tradition at Jack's. The collection was of decent quality with a few notable pieces, one by Berthe Morisot called "Reading" that I loved. After a stop at the Parthenon, Bicentennial Mall and Farmer's Market, we met my parents and aunt and uncle for dinner at Cheddar's. I heart that place. Sarah Scott?

I saw two movies last weekend: "The Strangers" and "Sex and the City." I'm not a horror movie fan, but Steven, talked me into going to see "The Strangers." When did it become entertainment to watch people die??? Spoiler Alert: the good guys are brutally murdered, all vividly on-screen, and there is no redemptive ending whatsoever. Thankfully, round two at the cinema last weekend yielded a winner. "SATC" was fabulous. I laughed, I cried, and I loved. I couldn't believe just how good it was.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for the six-hour drive to Indy. I'm headed up there by myself, and am rather tickled about having some alone time in the car. Yesterday, I signed up for a Nashville Public Library card, and I have two audio books for my journey. I'm sure my week will be filled with lots of bearded, conservative men, and probably even some controversy too. The "Emergent Church" and "The Shack" are seemingly some hot-button issues in the So-Bap world right now. My week will either be incredibly boring or intensly interesting---it could go either way. I've got planned a stop at the Indianapolis Museum of Art and possibly even the Zoo, so we'll see...

Oh, and one more thing... I went to play poker at Joe and Rhonda's several weeks ago, and was Joe's featured guest on WineSmash. Watch us do the "Mollydooker Shake!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shout out! HOW MUCH DO I LOVE CHEDDAR'S?!!! (a lot)

Another thing I love: Mary Anna Brown. And her blogs.

9:55 AM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Congrats to your brother and family! (Aren't weddings perfect for Hollywood moments?)

I don't get the horror film genre either. But I'm glad you liked SATC!

Looking forward to your Paris recollections...

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Rhonda said...

I think you should post that video ALL OVER the internet!!! You are the best guest so far :) I show favoritism.

7:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]