#body {margin-top:10px;}
Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Belated Blog

Once upon a time, I had a life. Seven days ago, I had a life. Tonight, I am sitting on the couch, watching High School Musical with my current roommate, Amy, and my future roommate, Emily.

Last Saturday was my 27th birthday. And for the second year in a row, my friends managed to remove me from the drama and show me a good time. They tended to my love language of quality time and I felt so loved and full of joy.

Our evening began with a wine tasting at Arrington Vineyards, Kix Brooks winery in Arrington, TN. It was cold and windy, but incredibly crisp. We stationed ourselves with a large tray of cheese, fruit and crackers by a roaring fire pit full of freshly chopped cedar. The winery called five of us in at a time and showcased their twelve locally made wines. After several bottles, several hours and a lot of cheese, we headed to Cool Springs to have dinner at Basil Asian Bistro.

Emily made me a homemade strawberry cake with strawberry cream cheese icing. And it had green writing. It was simply lovely and it tasted delightful. Among the gifts of my friends presence, I received some amazing presents---like a gift certificate for art lessons, a magazine subscription voucher which I'm using to order Bon Appetit, hand-crafted notecards, beautiful crystal earrings, pre-paid card for London Fogs, and some authentic tea flown in specially from Seattle.

I have the best friends. Don't mess.

Arrington Vineyards


Emily, Natalie, Amy, MA, Stephanie, Lana, Molly, Courtney, Siebe

Nat representing Rhonda and Joe

Hadley & Amy - Colorado Girls

There's something about Courtney




The Knox Girls -- Emily, Autumn, MA & Amy

3 Comments:

Blogger none said...

Did you dye your hair? That reddish color looks beautiful on you. And I love the earrings!

Isn't it great to be pampered by friends on your birthday? I love birthdays. :)

8:38 PM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

What awesome friends!

I was thinking the same thing about your hair...it's purty!

RYC-I can't wait for her to come either, for pete's sake. Le sigh.

11:43 AM

 
Blogger Courtney Baker said...

I too think your hair looks awesome, especially compared to mine in that picture! Yucky. I'm not sure but I think the fire pit guy is the culprit of my bad hair.

1:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]