#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, February 12, 2008

What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

For the past week, I've had a tummy-ache. I attributed it to all the normal causes, but alas, it wasn't. It was my nerves, my stress, my worries. And we're talking one helluv-an ache.

I played soccer for my high school team and my soccer coach was verbally abusive. Incredibly verbally abusive and just an all-around mean guy. Every morning of my freshman year, on the way to school, I'd get physically ill, to the point of emesis (literally). Every morning. Every single morning, for a very long time.

I think Mom was rather concerned, but eventually, the exorcision of my demons ceased. We now realize it was my nerves about my soccer practice each day. Ask me about that sometime.

My friend at work, Courtney, made a wise statement today: "people don't give stress enough credit."

Oh, so true. So, so true.

Another friend at work, Nathan, asked me today if my tummy was feeling better. I commented that I had a good cry last night, and a glass (or two...) of wine was on the agenda for tonight, so I was already feeling better.

Raise your hand if you can't wait to get moved/find a new home for your cat/transfer all your magazine subscriptions to your new address/buy miscellaneous wedding and baby shower gifts for people you haven't seen in months, on your limited income, and then attend those weddings and baby showers/purchase, clean and slice strawberries for singledom celebration (a.k.a. Chocopalooza) on the annual holiday of loneliness and depression/drop off dry cleaning/go to the gynecologist (stay tuned for that blog on Thursday)/organize and rally my Bible study gals/finally make it to March/remember to buy toilet paper at the store because you've been fresh out for three days (paper towels work just fine)/pluck your unruly brows for a hot quasi-date (defined as a social activity planned with your crush, that you don't quite know whether his flirting is a cause of his like for you or because he's just a tease) you have coming up/...

That'd be, dot-dot-dot. There's more where that came from, folks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

GIRL!!! Can i tell you how much I relate? I can't sleep/eat/pee without feeling quite guilty that I'm clearly forgetting to do something... not to mention I can't find a damn thing in the house cause it's all packed and while i was not sleeping last night at 2:30 am I almost fell down the stairs tripping over boxes/suitcases and was forced to watch PBS since the DVDs are packed. I'm so overwhelmed I most certainly feel like crying... I guess no one said adventure would be easy right... deep breath for both of us, cause this is all about to be over... whether or not I will be able to find my way home come Saturday night is yet to be determined. hugs- amy

10:52 AM

 
Blogger Rhonda said...

Sounds like you may seriously need to take a mental health day. I love you & I'm praying for you! Let me know if I can help you with any moving duties or anything else.

1:13 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

Come over early...I'll cut the strawberries. ;) Love you!

3:37 PM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Oh my, I feel so stressed for you! Whew.

One shower you don't have to buy anything for/attend: mine! I'm still e-inviting you though because you're my homie. (I have a list of blog friends I'm sending a "I love you and I wish you lived close enough to come!" note to.)

11:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]