#body {margin-top:10px;}
Monday, January 28, 2008

Name That House!

In the past month, I have completed the following in regards to securing a roof over my head:

a) Unsuccessfully negotiated a new rent-rate with my apartment complex;
b) Panicked;
c) Entered verbal agreement with three other fabulous girls to seek out alternative and collective living arrangement;
d) Gave 60-days notice to my apartment complex, on faith that God would provide a place to rest my soul;
e) Spent hours on Craigslist and even more hours touring homes;
f) Prayed;
g) Prayed some more;
h) Negotiated reduced rent with potential landlord in return for extended lease period;
i) Accepted an offer;
j) Made it official with ink on paper.

I move out of my beloved Aspen Bungalow and into my new home on February 23. I could not be more excited, more thankful, and more aware of God's presence in this major decision. With it will come much sacrifice, but also much blessing.

Meet our new 4 bedroom, 4 bath home located in the 12South district of downtown Nashville.

She will be named appropriately when the time comes. Current candidates are:

  • "The Mother Load," nominated by Amy. I quote: "I was thinking about our new place and what awesome girls we are and how some guy is going to think he hit the mother load when he finds us."
  • "Knox Inc.," nominated by Autumn. Made in reference to Em's comment, "I can't wait to see how God is going to use us individually as well as corporately.

Suggestions are welcome.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh -- how cute is this?!! I love it! Can't wait to see what y'all do with the place :).

Miss you! xoxoxoxo

9:32 AM

 
Blogger none said...

It's so cute! And I love the name "The Mother Load." funny!

12:35 PM

 
Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

it's adorable! Can't wait to see it in person :o)

2:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I finally have to leave a comment. The house is adorable and I pass it every morning on the way to work and on the way home. I just look over to make sure everything is ok and you aren't even living there yet. I am so excited for the four of you and know it will great. I'm thinking "Ft. Knox" because it will be filled with "golden girls" and it better keep you safe.
Sherron (Em's mom)

3:55 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

My cup runneth over!!

PS - I voted for the Ebenezer House...yeah, that didn't go over well. :)

4:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's "Mother Lode"...

But hey, that's just me...

:)

-E-

10:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]