#body {margin-top:10px;}
Monday, March 12, 2007

On my mind right now...

My broken cell phone

Yesterday, it was a hairline crack on the hinge. Today it might as well be the Grand Canyon. My contract is up in April, so hopefully it will survive about three more weeks until my free phone upgrade. We shall see...

Cystic acne

Why is my skin so angry at me??? It's oily. No, it's dry. How frustrating. I've tried virtually everything in the drugstore, in the department store, and in Sephora, and still no luck. I'm told it's hormonal, and if that's the case, then I might as well be a 15-year-old boy---My horomones are out of control and there's not a darn thing I can do about it.

The Cactus League

Zambrano bites the dust, and Bonds is blinded by the light. Cubs win! Cubs win! Cubs win!

Low-carb Pecan Sandies

They're a bit dry, but not bad for flourless cookies. And I'm pleased with the vanilla flavor of the whey protein. Maybe next time I'll add another egg...

Overpriced Greeting Cards

You set a budget for a gift. You buy the gift. Then, you buy an overpriced greeting card to introduce and package the gift, spending more than you budget. Your options are: a) subtract the cost of the overpriced greeting card from the gift budget, and spend the remaining amount on the gift; b) purchase the gift with the entire budget and buy a 99 cent greeting card, which is not appropriate and probably has an oil painting of flowers and cheesy butterflies on the front; or c) give the gift with no card (which in my case, is not an option because I'm sending the gift via mail).

Dr. McEyeCandy

Thanks to the WWW, I will finally rectify my vision through my contact lenses. According to MySpace, my eye doctor's intern has returned to Memphis to finish grad school. I've been putting off making an appointment because I'm that girl that hit on her eye doctor's intern. Lucky for me, he's now five hours away. Hopefully there aren't any permanent notations in my personal file (a la Elaine Benes)...

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out a solution to the card dilemma, too...buy a pack of artful "me" cards? Make my cards with scrapbooking materials or the computer? Hmmmm...

Good luck with the cell phone and contact lenses!

11:02 AM

 
Blogger none said...

I always buy expensive greeting cards and resent it, but I just love finding the perfect card. It's even worse when you have to wrap the gift. You spend $5 or $10 on a gift bag, tissue paper, and a card. I try to pick up nice cards when I see them (especially if they're on sale), so I always have one handy. I still spend too much money on cards, but not at the same time as I'm buying a gift, so it doesn't seem as bad. :)

10:59 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

I abhor greeting cards and the monopoly of Hallmark. I have resorted to making my own cards, or writing a nice note on stationary (I always enjoy what people write in a card more than the card anyway), or - gasp - not giving one at all. I'd rather spend an extra $5 on the present.

10:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss your blogs...

8:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]