#body {margin-top:10px;}
Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Note to Self

In honor of Valentine's Day, I wrote a love letter to myself. It's time I took the advice of a wise woman and shelve the self-deprecation for a day or two. Here tis:

Dear Self,

Have you looked in the mirror today and exclaimed aloud how fabulous you are? You look really hot today in those jeans. They make your ass look small and your legs look long. I see that you are wearing your pink Valentine's Day jacket. It's so pretty with your jewelry. Your makeup looks really nice today, too.

I am so proud of you, self. You are a beautiful, intelligent, witty, and strong young woman. I admire your independence and your confidence. Your creativity and thirst to learn will continue to open up new opportunities for you. Don't be so afraid to take a chance on what makes you happy.

Self, you are a loyal friend and you are going to make the BEST wife and mother someday. That Lemon Caper Chicken dinner you cooked last night could have appeared on the menu in a gourmet restaurant. And your care and attention you paid to cutting up the fruit pieces for your dark chocolate fondue for this evening did not go unnoticed.

Have you reminded yourself lately that you are "fearfully and wonderfully made" (
Psalm 139:14)? Do you remember that He engraved you on his palms (Isaiah 49:16) and that you are made in His image (Genesis 1:27)? Self, He has an amazing plan for you (Jeremiah 29:11). Be patient, self.

Self, you rock my face off. Happy Valentine's Day! I love you!


Love,
Me

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary Anna, you totally rock. I think this is an amazing and wonderful letter. We all have great thoughts about ourselves and rarely state them outloud. I love that you did this just for you at a time when others could easily be down. Just as your letter says, you really are fabulous. Have a beautiful and wonderful day.
~Ari

12:54 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

I couldn't agree more. To one of the most AMAZING women I know who WILL make a wonderful wife and who is ALREADY a beautiful bride of Christ...

This was a fabulous post, by the way. Just one more reason why I love ya!

2:10 PM

 
Blogger none said...

nice post. I don't know if I could write myself a letter that nice today, given how I'm feeling. Maybe I'll give it a try later. :)

2:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock my face off, too. I loved your letter. :)

Tina

7:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]