#body {margin-top:10px;}
Thursday, February 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Queen MAB Manifesto!

Today is the one year anniversary of the birth of my blog.

When I met my friend, Amanda, in October of 2004, one of the first things she mentioned about herself was her blog, the Diva Domain. During 2005, I would visit her blog everyday, along with Oreos and Milk, my friend Emily's blog, and I became wrapped up the world of the "blogeois." After awhile, I wondered why I didn't have my own blog.

Writing has always been a passion of mine, one I have nurtured since childhood, but somehow it got lost over the years in term papers from college and press releases at my job. I was using my craft, but for simply a means to an end. My blog reawakened the creativity within me, and has been integral in my decision to finally begin to pursue the quintessence of who I really am.

As I mentioned before, 2006 wasn't a spectacular year. But as I reflect on the things I did "right" in 2006, the Queen MAB Manifesto comes to mind. Chapter One of my blog has ended, and I confidently begin Chapter Two. Thank you for indulging my passion by faithfully reading.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Happy Birthday, Queen MAB Manifesto! I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed getting to read your blog every day. It's one of my favorites. I feel like I can keep up with you even when we don't get to spend time together. I love you much!

PS - You're a FABULOUS writer!

2:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay-I'm a faithful reader. I think you're a great writer too!

4:55 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It always manages to make me cackle and think. It truly is one of the highlights of my day. I think you are way better than PopCandy.

Tina

7:13 AM

 
Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

happy Blog-o-versary, queen mab! I am so flattered to be the inspiration behind your blog, and I only hope that your writing can someday be as good as mine. LOL
love ya!

4:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]