#body {margin-top:10px;}
Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Dr. McEyeCandy

I've not been in a blogging mood much lately. I'm not really sure what's behind my blogging funk. I think I must be on burn out. I'm on vacation all next week and I think the mental anticipation is contributing to my sluggishness.

Anyway, I went to the eye doctor yesterday. I recently ran out of contacts and it's been almost three years since I've been to the eye doctor, so I decided it was about time. It was by far the most intensive eye exam I've ever had. I didn't mind though-- the intern (who still introduced himself as a doctor) was incredibly good looking. Incredibly. But a gal doesn't get her hopes up in a situation like this... I mean, the environment is sort of sterile to be called "the dating scene."

Dr. McEyeCandy and I made great conversation from the beginning. I wowed him with my witty sense of humor. I could tell he was trying to impress me with his doctorly knowledge. Things progressed even to the point that he asked if I had any big plans for the 4th of July. We had chemistry here (Did you feel it? I felt it. Alright Janice!). I don't know if I was imagining things, but he seemed interested. But maybe I was the interested one and manipulating the experience in my head.

Either way, I couldn't bring myself to give him my business card or phone number. I thought, what if he has a girlfriend or what if I was totally misreading his flirtatious behavior---would he broadcast to his office that one of his patients hit on him? I don't want to see lifted eyebrows from the receptionists every time I walk in for an eye appointment. You know the look: "she's that girl!"

Lucky me, I've got a follow-up appointment in two weeks! People, I need some feedback on how I should handle this!

At some point during the visit (I couldn't tell you when because I was otherwise intrigued), they dilated my pupils for the exam. I left the office with pupils the size of nickels. I felt like an old lady driving to work because I was afraid to go above 55 mph on the interstate---with the combination of the sunlight and blurred vision I could barely drive! I made it to work finally and wore my sunglasses inside. My computer screen was a little bright for comfort.


What can I say---I'm a bit of a goofball...

One last thing before I go back to surfing the WWW...

My officemate, Jason, sits down to eat his Burger King chicken patty sandwich this afternoon. He unwraps it and as he is about to take a bite, he notices there is a rather large, bite-like chunk of meat already absent from the chicken patty. He tells me that he's suspicious that his chicken patty has already been enjoyed by someone else. We had several good laughs at this one...

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

Alright, Janice!

4:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]