#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Three

Three random thoughts and highlights of my day today:

1) My office is an a loft-like area and is not air-conditioned well. Today, our thermostat read 81 degrees, yet the air was on full blast. It was hot, but not unbearably, when you exercise minimal movement in an office chair. My officemate, Jason, walks upstairs, looks at me and says, "it's so hot up here that you have beads of sweat on your face." Now---sweating is not very feminine and certainly not while I'm at work. So I was appalled that he would think I was sweating. Not to mention that I wasn't sweating. I said, "but I'm not sweating?!" And he says, "maybe not sweat, but your face is shiny." Nice. Yes, I have oily skin. And I've tried every product under the sun to combat that oiliness, including Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil, which seems to work pretty darn well---or so I thought.

Men really will say the first thing that pops into their head, won't they! I can't be mad at him, though...

2) If I ever have to hear that Daniel Powter song, "Bad Day" again, I'm going to vom and then proceed to shrivel up into a mass of deterioration. I severely dislike (because the word "hate" still seems a bit harsh) this song and the whiny voice of the man that sings it. To quote another freakishly-weird-yet-famous Powter, "stop the insanity!"

3) I had dinner tonight with my childhood/teenhood friend, Brittany. We ate at Zoe's Kitchen and the meal was lovely. The place has a mediterranean feel, and almost everything on the menu, much to my excitement, is accompanied by feta cheese. Brittany is an old friend that I don't see enough, and she's one in my plethora of fabulous single friends that leave me wondering why we're all still single. Anyway, Brittany, if you're reading, I had a wonderful time catching up!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Yeah, I feel that way about that James Blunt "You're Beautiful" song. I frickin hate that song. When they started playing in WALMART, then I got really mad.

Men are bugful, aren't they?

11:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too enjoyed our evening together! Glad you enjoyed the restaurant. Thanks for keeping me entertained while I'm at work!!

Brit

11:15 AM

 
Blogger lauren said...

1) men are so insensitive sometimes. they're too simple to understand, IMO. And I hear ya about non-existant a/c.

2) hate that song. and they played it on every freakin american idol. so I always associate it with the guy/gal who sucked the previous night.

3)mmmmmm feta!

9:42 PM

 
Blogger Rhonda said...

MAB in all the 2 years or so that I've known you.....I've never ONCE thought to myself "Gosh, MA's face looks really shiny." Trust me honey you are hottttttt with a bunch of T's.

9:26 PM

 
Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

that's not oil on your t-zone, why that's your sparkling personality shining though!

8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]