#body {margin-top:10px;}
Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Afternoon-Commute Scenery

I've often waxed poetic about my love for my afternoon commute. It averages 15 minutes and traffic moves at a steady pace. But there's another reason I love my afternoon commute---the scenery.

I was driving home yesterday, waiting at the stop light on the Shelby Street Bridge. I look up, and there are two young Hispanic girls, crammed in the back of a mini-SUV, grinning and waving to me. It caught me a bit off guard, because at the time, I was going over the mental list of all of the errands I needed to run and things I needed to accomplish this evening. But I immediately broke out into a grin of my own and waved back. This caused the girls to giggle even more and continue waving. I followed them through the 24-40 split and gave them one last wave as I sped on. It totally made my day.


And to think that my drive home was only just beginning...

Somewhere between Harding Place and Old Hickory Boulevard, I was driving along, talking on the phone, and spotted a sight that prompted me to bust out in loud HA-HA's. Between gasps of laughter, I told the person I was talking to I'd have to call them back. I yanked out my camera, for the second time on my commute home, and moved in for the picture.

After photographic acquisition of the moment, I called my friend back (because they were a bit concerned at why I hurriedly hung up on them), and could not begin to control my laughter to tell them what I had just witnessed.

I considered posting this to TAR, but did not want it to be interpreted wrongly. Seriously though, this is all kinds of hilarious.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

you might live in Tennessee if...

8:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]