#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lawrd, who shall uh-bide in thy taburnacul?

My quiet introspection has kept me from blogging consistently the past couple of weeks. I've been deep in thought about a number of different subjects, including changes occurring in my own life. To be honest, I don't have much to say right now, but I do feel strongly drawn to listen.

On my lunchbreak today, I was flipping through Psalms and I came across a chapter that struck me as familiar.

Psalm 15

A psalm of David.

1 LORD, who may dwell in your sanctuary?
Who may live on your holy hill?

2 He whose walk is blameless
and who does what is righteous,
who speaks the truth from his heart

3 and has no slander on his tongue,
who does his neighbor no wrong
and casts no slur on his fellowman,

4 who despises a vile man
but honors those who fear the LORD,
who keeps his oath
even when it hurts,

5 who lends his money without usury
and does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
He who does these things
will never be shaken.

Why does this Psalm sound so familiar??? I sat there for a moment and wracked my brain, and then it hit me. Only a handful of people who read this blog should understand what I'm talking about. And even then, they may have a hard time recognizing it, because the above translation is NIV, not KJV.

When I finally figured it out, I started laughing. One friend in particular used to recite this Psalm, mimicking a chorus of southern accents. She knows who she is. That's a happy memory.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh. . .those were the days. Thanks for the little trip down memory lane. :) Tina

7:06 AM

 
Blogger none said...

This reminds me of this persona my little sister used to act out, where she wailed in this bleating voice, "Lawd, hide me in your pavilion." It used to make me snort with laughter, but then I had to stop laughing about it because I had a rough patch recently when I got a lot of comfort from Psalm 27, and actually found myself thanking God for hiding me in his pavilion.


Okay, maybe it still makes me laugh a little. :)

11:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]