#body {margin-top:10px;}
Friday, January 1, 2010

1000 Pieces to my Utopia

Here it is almost eleven p.m. and I'm dangling precipitiously on the edge of the first day of the year, a.k.a. the first day of my NaBloPoMo. I better be careful not to fail before I even start. Fair enough, I've been working on a 1000 piece puzzle that my roommates broke out of the box yesterday. I only invested, oh, about five hours on it today. Several hundred tiny pieces of foliage? No match for this puzzle sleuth.


As I worked this gorgeous puzzle today, I couldn't help but wish I was the little old woman inside the brightly lit, warm home, with the little old man sitting beside her. The tiny sign inside hung over their heads proclaimed "God Bless." There is a chimney for roaring fires in the wintertime, and a hammock for naps in the spring. There is a golden retriever on the front porch, a lazy cat, and plenty of woodland creatures, including a five-point buck peeping carefully out from the tree line. I imagine there is probably a big grille out back for hamburgers. And, two adirondack chairs, side-by-side on the front lawn, perfect for gazing at the flowers, or the reflection of the mountains on the lake. This is my utopia, and I dearly hope one day I arrive.

So, as it is the first day of the year, resolutions, or goals, or whatever you want to call them, are in order. In 2010, I would like to:

a) add a new knitting stitch to my arsenal;
b) blog more often (duh);
c) learn a working knowledge of French;
d) read and inductively study the book of Isaiah (I began this about three weeks ago);
e) grow and gain discipline in my prayer life.

Also, in conjunction with Pete, I will be reading through the 31 chapters of Proverbs on a daily basis in January. Set Free Church on Skid Row reads through Proverbs each month, and this exercise is reminiscent for me of my time studying the Bible with the homeless in L.A. I will share some of my Proverbial insights this month, and I challenge you to jump on the bandwagon with me.

Lastly, I will refer to my January 1, 2008 post (which borrowed from my January 2, 2007 post) regarding the year ahead:

Discover and manifest the woman God created me, on a physical, emotional, and spiritual level.

This is not simply a resolution for 2010, but a statement for how I will live my life...to infinity and beyond!

4 Comments:

Anonymous pete wilson said...

Thanks for joining us!!! Happy New Year.

10:29 AM

 
Blogger Emily said...

The puzzle looks great! I had so much fun working on it.

1:53 PM

 
Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

I don't know who Pete is, or why it's so exciting that he commented, but I think I'll join you on the daily Proverbs challenge. It was great seeing you today!

3:46 PM

 
Anonymous natalie said...

MAB, you encourage me so much. I love hearing your heart for the Lord and it inspires me to search after Him. Thank you.

4:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]