#body {margin-top:10px;}
Friday, April 17, 2009

Party with a Purpose

Last night, I celebrated my 28th and four days birthday with some friends. This year, we partied with a purpose and created 28 care bags for the homeless. Everyone brought something---bottled water, socks, a hair brush, hand wipes, granola bars, first aid kit, toothbrush, toothpaste, and lip balm. Courtney constructed gorgeous handmade cards to go in each of the bags.



Several weeks ago, I wrote fast food restaurants with locations in the downtown area, asking for 28 coupons or giftcards to go inside the bags. I didn't hear from some, and got rejections from others. Last week, I got home from work and got a letter in the mail. I opened it up, and out fell 28 cards for FREE fish dinners from Captain D's. I was ecstatic.

The picture I'm going to send as a thank you to Captain D's.

Soon, we'll go and hand-deliver the bags to the homeless on the streets of Nashville. I can't wait to go love on the unloved!


mmmmmmm Funfetti

3 Comments:

Blogger none said...

This is such a lovely idea. I may steal it for my next birthday. One of my friends had a volunteer day as his birthday party last month, and it was fantastic. I really like the idea of giving back, instead of having a selfish day. Happy birthday!

3:09 PM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

You are so my hero.

9:45 PM

 
Blogger MissKarenAshley said...

What a great idea! Love that.

10:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]