#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giving Thanks for Rest

Work-schmerk. Is anyone else having the LONGEST week of their life? I always feel like this after I come back from a holiday. Especially a really good holiday, which was my Thanksgiving.

I spent a lot of time in front of a roaring fire, knitting, sipping tea, and spending some QT with my family. And I didn't brave the mall...but I did do a little internet shopping...and bought...wait for it...drumroll...my brand spankin' new iPod Classic! I don't actually have it in my possession yet, but I will soon. And then, it gets wrapped and placed under the tree until Christmas morning. Yes, that's how I roll.

In the meantime, I've become obsessed with iTunes. I'm going to need a 12-step program. So far, I've managed to upload 173 albums, 2194 songs, 5.9 days and 7.85 GB of music, and I haven't scraped the tip of the iceberg yet. It's going to be a long and ardous process, to say the least. Thankfully, my laptop, Kip, is managing well. Good boy.

Thanksgiving evening, my family went to see Four Christmases with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. It wasn't near as raunchy as it could've been, and was quite entertaining. Even my parents liked it. And they're a tough crowd.

On the way out of the crowded theater, I got separated from my parents and my brother and his wife. By the time we'd made it out to the lobby, I looked a ways ahead and saw my parents walking arm in arm. Back several people behind me, were Ben and Brittany side by side. It sounds silly, but I felt a pang (okay, a stab) of loneliness that no one was there to walk me out. I don't need someone to walk me out. I'm perfectly capable of making it down the steps without falling, shuffling down the ramp, tossing my coke in the trash can, and putting my arms in the sleeves of my jacket all by myself. But I sure do want someone to care that I don't fall, care that my hands are full with a purse, scarf, jacket, and cup. Singleness during the holidays sucks.

Anyway, we took a family photo on Thursday evening, and managed to get Stella to look at the camera and smile!

Oh ya---my first article came out in the January issue of Christian Single yesterday. If you'd like to have a read, let me know and I'll send you a soft copy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Courtney Baker said...

I want to read your first article! Send it my way!

1:59 PM

 
Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

you have antlers on the dog... of course you do! I love it. Got your card in the mail today... send me a soft copy of your article... could there BE any more ellipses in this comment... I think not.

11:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! I had no idea you were writing for Christian Single? I'd LOVE to see a copy MAB! YAY! I am proud of you! love yoU! ~ Christa

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]