#body {margin-top:10px;}
Friday, October 3, 2008

My Cup o' Tea

My mood is light. It's exceptionally quiet in the office right now. I'm listening to my Ben Harper station on Pandora and it's broadcasting the soothing sounds of Eagle Eye Cherry, Nick Drake, Brett Dennen, Amos Lee and Bob Marley.

Today has been refreshing, considering the underlying theme of my September. And two miserably embarrassing Cubs losses and a very large car-sized dent in the Cubmobile this week haven't added to my fun. It hasn't been a good week for the aformentioned Cubs.

This morning I indulged in a little retail therapy. We had our company craft fair, and I bought several pieces of handmade jewelry at amazingly low prices. My favorite find is a chain link necklace with three miniature antique keys and a few crystalline baubles dangling at the end. When I tried it on, I felt feminine and pretty.

I had lunch today with my new friend, Paige. We dined al fresco at Panera over flavorful soup and toasty sandwiches. It was so nice to learn more about her. For a few moments today, I had flashbacks of Paris in May. Maybe it's the crisp, breezy weather, or the umbrellas on Panera's patio? I feel like there's romance in the air.

Tonight, my plans are a glass of wine, nail polish, laundry and an America's Next Top Model rerun that I missed earlier in the week. Ahhhh, the exciting life of a twentysomething singleton... Early tomorrow, I hit the road for Atlanta, to get my dear friend Grace married off. It's soon to be eight down, two to go, among the Menagerie.

It's a little after three...I think I'll take afternoon tea. Salutations!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

did they have any boondoggle keychains? I hear they're the latest in fall fashion accessories. ;o)

9:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]