#body {margin-top:10px;}
Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sweet Justice

Several years ago, in the midst of my collegiate career, I decided to coin a phrase in hopes it would infiltrate its way into pop culture. My friends, namely the Menagerie, were unsupportive of my efforts. Not only did they ridicule and laugh at my expense, but they discouraged my originality.

My creation: "oven hot."

They said it would never happen. But they were wrong.

Please click and enlarge the image below. If you'll notice near the bottom center, the phrase "oven hot" is used to describe a heat-resistant makeup bag, sold by noneother than Sephora.


Justice is sweet. I am oven hot. Thankyouverymuch!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do remember that. . .yes, I'm still laughing! It was like "Fetch" in Mean Girls. . .minus us being mean. I'm so glad that you feel vidicated! Tina :)

6:09 AM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Your a trendsetter!

Fetch is a good one...or "rufus" from "Never Been Kissed"...hahaha.

10:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never have doubted you. I'm a big ol' fan of "oven hot." It's in my popular parlance...starting...NOW.

9:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stand by the fact that I not only supported this adorable phrase, I used it a time or two (with you present, of course!)!! Love you and miss your humor! Katie

3:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]