#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Praise Ye the Lord, the Almighty

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, The King of creation!
O my soul, praise Him, For He is thy health and salvation!
All ye who hear, Now to His temple draw near,
Join me in glad adoration!

Praise to the Lord, Who doth prosper Thy work and defend thee,
Surely His goodness and mercy Here daily attend thee.
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do,
If with His love He befriend thee.


It's been a long time coming (kinda like this post), but I'm pleased to say that I finally have a new job. I've been hired at Lifeway's corporate headquarters for a marketing and event planning position, working with their retail stores. I'm still pinching myself in disbelief. My first day is Wednesday of next week, and I could not be more excited.

In other news, I gained a future sister-in-law last Friday afternoon. Ben and Brittany are finally engaged. I'm so proud of them both, and seeing how God worked to bring them together gives me confidence that He will someday bring me a husband of my very own.

And there's more... The lady I mentor at the CWJC, Gladys, graduated from the program on Saturday afternoon. Not only does she have her GED in hand, but she began classes for a Medical Assistant training program yesterday. My year-and-a-half long friendship with her has been an incredible blessing in my life, and my participation in this ministry was the single most rewarding thing I've done in a long time. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for her next. And now that Gladys has completed the program, I'll be matched up with a new "merea" and start the process again.

"Lord you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:5-6

"For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance." Psalm 66:10-12

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us--yes, establish the work of our hands." Psalm 90:17

8 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

You just can't beat the words of the great hymns to teach and remind us of great biblical truths. Where is the depth to "I am a friend of God," I ask you? I love my Lord, but I hate that song!

Congrats MA- I am So excited for you, and blessed to be able to have been through this whole job-searching journey with you. The Lord is faithful indeed.

3:19 PM

 
Blogger none said...

Congratulations!

Also, yes, I'll be in Chicago this summer, and I would LOVE to meet you!

3:27 PM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Wonderful news all around! I'm so excited for your new job!

3:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on so many things. . .the job, the family engagement, and Gladys! So I hope you get tons of vacation off the bat with Lifeway. Tampa will miss you this summer. Tina :)

6:40 AM

 
Blogger Emily said...

Fruit, fruit and more fruit...that's what I see here. God is good!

11:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait for you to start! get here already!!! you are going to be wonderful and i am just thrilled and so excited for you!
~ari

4:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Lifeway stores. Congrats on the great job.

Ed
http://www.CarolinaEventPlanning.com

9:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you! (And your brother and Gladys) God shows us again and again how faithful He is to His children! Praise God!! You will be amazing in this position.
~Angela =^)

10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]