#body {margin-top:10px;}
Monday, April 30, 2007

Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways...

Balmy nights are meant for flying down the interstate, windows down, music blaring. My soundtrack was Billy Joel's "It's Still Rock And Roll To Me" and Blues Traveler's "Run Around." John Popper wrote it in his pre-gastric bypass days. I know every single word and I sang it loud, with my arm straight-up out the window, resisting the wind.

And shake me and my confidence
About a great many things
But I've been there I can see it cower
Like a nervous magician waiting in the wings
Of a bad play where the heroes are right
And nobody thinks or expects too much
And Hollywood's calling for the movie rights
Singing hey babe let's keep in touch
Hey baby let's keep in touch

Tonight, we celebrated. Em finished the marathon. Nat is a fabulous cheerleader. And I had some celebrating to do of my own. Stay tuned, and soon you'll find out why...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so exciting about your new, big adventure. And I can't think of anyone more deserving! Congrats MAB...I'm overjoyed for you!

9:01 AM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Ooooooooh! I think I need an email when you have time...

1:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, HELLO??!!! ARe you kidding me that there's big news and all I get is a teaser line...?!!! Kinda upset, not gonna lie.

2:15 PM

 
Blogger none said...

Can't wait to hear the news!

Also, I've been really (back) into Blues Traveler recently. I've got "Hook" on repeat. :)

5:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Thanks for the update yesterday! Tina

6:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deserve all things good.

10:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]