#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, May 2, 2006

"Let's play fire Satan!"

While a Vegas re-cap is coming soon, I had to take a moment to share with you all, a highly entertaining conversation shared by myself and Emily today at lunch. We stuffed ourselves on some dang tortillas from Fiesta Azteca and began to discuss what the Lord was doing in our lives.

Em made a comment about how she was reading Genesis chapter three this morning and how after Adam sinned, he was ashamed. God then made clothing for Adam and Eve to cover themselves. At first glance, this Bible story is a staple in the knowledge base of the average Christian (and average human being for that matter). But Em was insightful this morning (rather, the Lord revealed to her), that even though Adam and Eve sinned and had to accept the consequences of their sin, God created provisions for each of them.

Anyway, Em's telling me all of this and she assumes the voices of God and Adam, saying, "Adam, why are you hiding from me" and "I don't know, Lord." This prompts me to personify Adam as "Stuart Larkin" of MadTV, saying, "I don't wanna say!" Emily and I bust out laughing and the joke carries on even further:

Stuart (Adam): "Stttttooooooooppppp!"

Doreen Larkin, Stuart's Mother (God): "Stuart, you're not having the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil for dinner!"

Stuart: "Momma are there ho-ho's in Heaven?"

Doreen: "Stuart, what does Momma say about playing with snakes?!"

6 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

Mrs. Larkin (God): Stuart, who told you you were naked?

Stuart (Adam): I don't wanna say!!!!

wow.... I can see where this would be a fun conversation at lunch, and I'm sure many more jokes will ensue! :o)

4:58 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

I cannot express to you how funny this conversation was. It was even funnier wacthing Mary Anna trying to write these down while shaking from laughter!

On the flipside, it was a great conversation. I love you, fab-MAB!

10:18 AM

 
Blogger Mary Anna said...

Stuart: This loincloth hides my danger zone!

8:42 AM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Definitely not pregnant. Just bought a house with a nursery, that's all.

(wish I was though...)

7:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are HILARIOUS!!!!
-LANA

1:57 PM

 
Blogger none said...

haha. I love Stuart. "Look what I can do! Look what I can do!"

11:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]