#body {margin-top:10px;}
Friday, May 12, 2006

Diamonds Over Baghdad

My friend Christa sent me a HILARIOUS email that contained the following story and photo. It was written by a Greek fraternity member from ASU, c/o 98. He's a Marine Corps Officer, currently deployed overseas in Iraq. He is part of a small team that is attached to an Iraqi battalion, training and operating on one of the Iraqi borders.

I have attached a little humor for you from Iraq. One of my responsibilities out here with the Iraqi battalion is overseeing construction projects in support of the unit. I am having a fort built for one of my Iraqi companies and have a local construction contractor working for me.

I was out at the construction site a couple weeks ago and saw one of the workers wearing an odd article of clothing that looked familiar. I called him over (which is a task when no translator is handy) and saw that he was wearing a sorority sweatshirt!! I about lost it. I yelled for my translator, then made him explain the sweatshirt and its meaning to the worker. Needless to say, he was not pleased to be wearing a "girl shirt." I explained that it meant he was part of a club (easier to explain club than "sorority") of a LOT of beautiful women, knowing first hand, since I dated a few in my day, but he was still not pleased. So please, pass this on to the appropriate sorority sisters you know, and tell them that their rush efforts in Iraq are seriously slipping. This isn't the caliber I remember of their sorority at ASU.

Capt Joe Moye
Logistics Officer
Border Transition Team Three
5th Battalion, 3rd Iraqi Border Brigade

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

looks like those Shady Pi's are going downhill!!!

7:19 PM

 
Blogger Emily said...

Ok, I'm blogging every day...why aren't you?

2:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]