#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Snow Day To-Do List

Take heart, citizens of Middle Tennessee. Meteorologist Mary Anna Brown is monitoring the weather minute-by-minute, anticipating the snow "event" headed our way. The following paragraph, straigh from weather.com, is sweet music to my ears:

MAIN IMPACT... 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW ACCUMULATION... FOLLOWED BY BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. THE SNOWFALL WILL STICK TO ROAD SURFACES WITH NO MELTING... AND STRONG NORTHWEST WINDS WILL CAUSE A PERIOD OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. THIS WILL CAUSE TRAVEL PROBLEMS OR DELAYS ACROSS THE MID STATE.

Considering the last time my employer shut down due to inclement weather was in 2002, I'd say it's a long shot that we'll be closed on Thursday. But I'm wishin,' and hopin,' and thinkin,' and prayin'. I'm plannin.' That's right, I'm plannin.' Here's my snow day to-do list:

--Sleep until I wake up (which is, unfortunately, not what it was when I was 12).

--Romp around in the snowy yard in my pajamas (because I'm not getting out of them) and Kroger sacks over my slippers. Please refer to the snow that visited our home in March of 2008 (photographic evidence below).


--Remove the ornaments from my pre-lit Christmas tree, and then throw the tree in the garbage (as the entire upper-half of the tree failed to light up this year).

--Pluck my eyebrow. Yep, two have become one. Divorce proceedings are in order.

--Clean the crystal chandelier in my bedroom. I've noticed the three inches of dust for months, but I've been too lazy to get out the step-ladder.

--Survive on leftover Christmas Chex mix, because it's the only thing I have left in the pantry that's edible. And I'm not as prepared as the other Tennessean's who went to the grocery for snow rations.

--Take a nap, as I "slept in" until 6:30 a.m.

--Lament to my roommates that I don't have a boy who will roll around with me in the snow.

--Watch a Full House marathon on ABC Family and tear-up when DJ and Steve break-up.

--Look at my matted, greasy hair in the mirror, and decide to brush my teeth instead of showering.

What is on your snow day to-do list?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lindsay Skaff said...

I love your blogs. They always make me smile.

9:39 PM

 
Blogger none said...

We're set to get 8 inches on Thursday, including during morning rush hour, and I'd eat my PJs if anything were actually closed. I miss living in a place where snow days actually exist. But I hope you get one!

Also, the line about your eyebrows was hilarious, and I am still giggling over it.

12:05 AM

 
Blogger Amy said...

I would like to continue to maintain that you are hilarious, an excellent writer and add joy to my day! Good one Brown, good one!

11:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]