#body {margin-top:10px;}
Saturday, January 2, 2010

Post-Christmas Cheer

Christmas came again today for the Foxes on Knox. We gathered together this afternoon and opened our stockings together. Filling my stocking is a tradition I began back in 2004 when I moved into my first post-collegiate apartment in Cool Springs. I was living alone at the time, and I came back to an empty apartment after being home with family over Christmas. It was depressing. So, the next Christmas, I filled my stocking and wrapped presents for myself, all before I left for home. When I returned after the holidays were over, I had a second Christmas to cheer myself up. I feel that if you are single around the holidays, you need a little extra love in your life, and if that comes through the personification of Santa, then so be it.

Emily's last full day in Nashville was today, and we celebrated her one last time this morning with a pancake breakfast. Emily's old boss asked us to gather around Em and lift her up in prayer, and he referred to us as her "spiritual sisters." We're a good lookin' bunch of girls, eh? Can you believe we're all single? I know, right?

This evening, Arica, Kaylan and Bethany initiated me into the Chuy's cult for dinner. Chuy's is a Texas-based Tex-Mex chain that has arrived infamously to Cool Springs. We got there early, so our wait was only an hour-and-fifteen. The floodgates opened after we arrived, and the wait slowly crept to two-and-a-half hours for those latecomers. The chips and pico were superb, and I had some yummy baja tacos. Not so sure about all of those crazy Texans, though...

I'm tuckered into bed right now, Uma's zhuzhing happily, and I've got a book date with Salt. Aren't you jealous of my single gal rock star lifestyle? I would have a hot mug of tea in my hand, but our electric tea kettle died today. We're going to have a memorial service for it tomorrow if you'd like to attend.

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney Baker said...

Oh Salt... when will I ever read you? I'm still reading about a man that doesn't wear mixed fibers.

Miss you friend.

12:04 AM

 
Anonymous natalie said...

Hey hey now...Texans are good. Just chant that to yourself over and over.

4:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]