#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Eau de Granny

I've got nothin' for you tonight, folks. Nothing.

My only point of inspiration (if that's what you want to call it) came while at work today. I walked past an older woman, and noticed that she smelled like, well, old woman. Why is it that when a woman turns a certain age, I guess about 60 to 65, she begins to smell like an old woman? Do they sell a perfume called "old woman"? You know the smell...powdery and cloyingly floral...and of mothballs.

Truth-be-told, I'm perplexed tonight concerning matters of the heart. I'm moving forward through my uncertainty, albeit blindly. I'm standing in the middle of a seesaw, balancing two opposite reactions carefully, desperately trying to find some middle ground. Do I merely exist with passivity, or do I go out with passion? Do I choose to wait, or do I move? Fight or flight? I just don't know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Natrudy said...

A friend of mine and I were JUST talking about this the other day. There is definitely a distinctive smell to old women, and I vow to never smell like that when I get that age.

9:30 AM

 
Blogger Amanda Bradley said...

There used to be this old lady that Ari shared an office with who reeked even after she left the room! She also kept plastic forks in her desk drawer to pick out her old lady curly hair fro. Even more hilarious was that she re-used the plastic forks!!

Guess I suck at this no-gossip thing too!

3:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]