#body {margin-top:10px;}
Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Fought the Law

and I won.

Do you ever get the shaft from the man and feel powerless to do anything about it? I do. But today, I fought back. It feels good. There's no need to go into detail, but let's just say that I had it out with Verizon Wireless today. Their deceit and trickery was no match for my debate skills and my submission of evidence. I should've been a lawyer. It felt good and justice was served.

Ben called me last night and said he had some special news for me. It turns out that Mr. Ryne Sandberg, my all-time favorite Cubbie, took a job as the manager of the Tennessee Smokies, the AA minor league baseball team out of Knoxville. Don't think I won't be there in March to see him in action. I'm going to work my minor league connections to see if I can score a meet! Now if I could just figure out a way to get my hands on Matt Murton...

In other news, a Nashville institution closed earlier this week. The Alley Cat, located at Five Points in East Nashville, shut its doors. It credits the recession as the cause. I visited the Alley Cat for the first time in 2003, when I worked at Adtec. Sure, it was glorified bar food, but who wouldn't want fried avocado and corn cakes for lunch? And ohhhhh, their Drunken Chicken... Sadness....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]