#body {margin-top:10px;}
Sunday, December 7, 2008

Grace. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

This afternoon, I revisited some of my notes from Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer, and Kay Arthur's Annointed, Transformed & Redeemed study of David, I completed this fall. Kay asks us to look at a simplified timeline of King David's reign in 2 Samuel from chapters six through 13. It begins with David's foul-up by mishandling the Ark, to the debacle with Bathsheba, concluding with the fallout afterward. Then, Kay asks us to go back and read the seventh chapter of 2 Samuel, titled, "God's Promise to David." In it, God tells David that he will have a son that will be King and that God will establish the line of David forever.

God is obviously referring to Solomon, the second son born to David and Bathsheba. Their first son, conceived in adultery, died.

If you do the math, God made this covenant with David before David even met Bathsheba. God knew all along that David would lust after her, and steal her from her husband, and then plot his murder. God foresaw that David's actions would knock over a domino that would bring judgment on Jerusalem. But still, God chose David for greatness---despite his impending sins.

I am reminded this afternoon, that my own run down sin's path has not been a surprise to my Lord. It didn't shock him that I fall, and that I do so easily. And yet, I believe He still has amazing things for me. Despite my best efforts, I am unable to screw things up beyond His redemption. That, is an incredible, and humble, feeling.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen--isn't that wonderful! I love and miss you so much! We need to have some single gal time soon. See you Sunday!--Ash

5:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: I read this the other day and then was able to share your words with a friend later in the week. Such a good lesson for all of us. Thank you for sharing the insight!

xoxoxo, perhaps I shall be able to see you soon?!

9:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]