#body {margin-top:10px;}
Sunday, January 18, 2009

Going Parking with the Superfreak

January has been a very slow month for me. It's not been very exciting, but that's been kind of nice. Work, on the other hand, is kicking my butt.

Rick James is slowly growing on me. I got his tag in the mail this week, so he's officially legal. I'm having a hard time trying to park him though. I'm used to a smaller car that I could whip into a parking place easily. You should've seen how quickly I could parallel park. I wouldn't think of doing such a thing with RJ now. When I pull into a parking space at work in the mornings, I normally have to get out and check to make sure I'm straight in the lines, and then I realize that I'm about four feet away from the wall, with Rick's butt sticking out. It's embarrassing, especially since I consider myself such a skilled driver. And, Rick doesn't zip-zip-zip like the Cubmobile did. He's got a big engine under the hood, and he's a lot of car to handle. I'm probably going to get a ticket someday soon. More than once, I found myself approaching 50 in a residential area. I've got to keep RJ under control better.

Early on in January, I became an aunt. Ben and Brittany got an Boston Terrier puppy and named her Charlie. I haven't met her yet, but she barked to me on the phone. I love her already.

Last Thursday, I met an incredible guy. I listened to him talk candidly about his beliefs during a work meeting, and I was floored. All I could think about was how much I "got" him. He's what I'm about. Oh, and he's married, so he's a no-go, but still...it gave me a little bit of hope that there is someone else out there that might possibly share my beliefs. I was encouraged.

It's been an interesting month with relationships. I'm watching one friend deal with the fallout of a horrible break-up and another friend stumble upon a guy that might just be it for her. I'm in a better place now than I've been in months, but some of my other friends aren't. It's hard and every year it gets tougher.

I don't think we're asking too much. I don't want a spiritual giant, but I don't want a spiritual baby either. I'd like to be equally yoked with someone---someone that's going to challenge me, someone that's going to allow me to challenge him, someone that doesn't have four inches of dust collecting on their Bible, someone that prays, someone that at least gives a damn. Someone that isn't offended because good Christian girls don't say "damn."

I haven't given up hope for this. But I sure am ready.

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney Baker said...

I love the second to last line. Classic.


Oh and how 'bout that game. I mean that had to make your January a HIT!

8:00 PM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

Does that guy have a brother? :)

He's out there, MA.

10:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]