#body {margin-top:10px;}
Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Always Marry an April Girl

I just found out that Bobbi Brown is introducing another one of her famed Shimmer Brick Compacts for Spring! And what a better name for it than Peony??? It's got some pinky-orange-corals that are really gettin' me in the mood for March.

Speaking of adding some color to my life, I spent some time at MySpace yesterday updating, well, my space. It's now a lovely shade of leaf green, my favorite color. And I really (heart) the polka dots too. Polka dots remind me of spring.

I'm ready for spring. If we're basing the four seasons off twelve months of weather patterns, spring begins at the first of March, even though it doesn't officially commence until March 20th. I bet some of you never thought you would hear from me, "I am ready for winter to end." But I am. God blessed us with some snow that stuck around past 10:30 a.m. and I had my snow day. So now, it's time to move on.

I like spring because of the fun holidays it boasts, like St. Patrick's Day, April Fool's Day, Tax Day, Cinco de Mayo, Easter, Mother's Day and Memorial Day. Plus, my birthday is April 12. That alone makes spring worthwhile. And this birthday is a very important one...I turn middle age.

Spring signifies new beginnings. It sounds New-Agey, but I'm ready for a positive change in my life, whether it be in my dating relationships, work or whatever. It's different than New Year's resolutions. I decide my New Year's resolutions. The changes I'm talking about are things I don't have a lot of control over. These changes require me to be patient and wait for God's plan to unfold, while being obedient in the "land under my feet."

I'll just come right out and say it... I want a boyfriend, dadgummit!

I'll leave you with one of my favorite poems. It's titled, Always Marry an April Girl, by Ogden Nash. Maybe one of yous or one of yours will be inspired to ask for my hand in marriage.

Praise the spells and bless the charms,
I found April in my arms.
April golden, April cloudy,
Gracious, cruel, tender, rowdy;
April soft in flowered languor,
April cold with sudden anger,
Ever changing, ever true --
I love April, I love you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for the April girls! I'm the 26th. I had never heard that poem. Thank you for that one. And let's usher in spring as quickly as possible!!! =^)
~angela

9:34 AM

 
Blogger Emily said...

I heart the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick!

2:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect....that one is new to me. Thanks for sharing it. :)

~APRIL

12:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]