#body {margin-top:10px;}
Monday, February 13, 2006

O' Snow, why do you mock me so?

It's very obvious that I'm the mouse in the relationship. The weather is the cat. It toys with me. Endlessly. And just when I think I've got the upperhand, it slaps its paw down on my tail and drags me backwards.

Friday afternoon, I let myself get caught up in the blizzard-like predictions for Middle Tennessee. At one point, our weather gurus were promising up to seven inches of accumulation. I cancelled travel plans. I stocked up on milk, bread and batteries. I waited. And waited. And then waited some more. I must have looked out the window 50 times between the hours of 7 p.m. and midnight on Friday. Aside from the rain drizzle, no other precip was gracing my presence.

I went to bed on Friday night expecting to wake up in a wintry wonderland. I didn't have to be anywhere until later on Saturday morning, but I nonetheless woke up at 7:15 a.m. to greet the blizzard of Feb. '06. I was rather shocked when I opened the blinds and saw grass with only a light dusting of snow. Talk about disappointment. Evidently, a random gulf breeze blew upwards overnight and frightened the snow clouds into submission. I got in the shower to get ready for the Valentine's Day Brunch and by the time I was done toweling off, the sun was already melting the snow.

It spit snow much of the rest of the weekend. And while it was pretty in the air, it never amounted to much on the ground. I'm still holding out for a big snow. One that doesn't melt by ten a.m. and that slows things down for a bit. I'm keeping the faith, but I don't know how much more of this mockery I can take...

Anyway, the dashing men of the Singles Focus class at BBC hosted a Valentine's Day Brunch for the lovely ladies of the Singles Focus class on Saturday morning. They attended to our every need, from valet parking, to cooking us a gourmet meal, to arranging for massages, to showering us with gifts. It makes being single feel like something special.

Here's a shot of the gals pretending to be Harlequin damsels:



On another note, I'm looking forward to the 2nd Annual Chocapalooza at the Penthouse tonight. All of the chocolate goodies one can imagine with a gangle of my closest gal pals.

Which brings me to my next ponderance... Why are there so many beautiful, dynamic and intelligent single women who don't have a Valentine? Guys? Can ya tell me why???

I mean, look at the above photo.... There's Lisa--she's all about the outdoors and actually likes to camp! Then there's Amanda--she is such a witty blogger! Emily--she invests her time in caring for and loving orphans in a foreign country! Mandy--seriously one of the sweetest, most genuine persons I've ever met! And Ashley--this girl has some serious brains!

Lana, Sarah and Rhonda don't get a shout-out. They have men that have finally understood what's so great about them. And these men understand that they need to snap them up while the gettin's good.

So, for the time being, we'll be gorging ourselves on chocolate and Chocolat tonight at the Penthouse. Honestly, even if I had a Valentine, I don't know that I would be willing to give this up!

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

gggrrraaaooooowwwww (growly noise)

PS - Thanks for the shout-out. I think you're one of the coolest, by the way. :)

1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]