#body {margin-top:10px;}
Sunday, June 13, 2010

Tornado Chaser

This morning, I got up early and loaded up the car for a day at Cocoa Beach.  On my way, I noticed the sky was clouding up pretty heavily.  As I approached the bay port at Cape Canaveral, I glanced up ahead of me, and noticed a finger-shape extending from the wall of cloud.  It kept growing, stretching down toward the water.  I screamed out loud in excitement, "it's a tornado!"  My foot hit the gas pedal, and I sped toward it, hoping to get closer to take a picture.  But just as soon as it was there, it was gone.  Still, I couldn't help but smile.  The day was starting off well.    

I arrived at Cocoa Beach and found parking at the public access.  The beach was already crowded, so much so that I had to weave in and out of groups of people just to get to the shoreline.  I settled down on my towel, and listened to the sound of the waves crashing against the shore...and the conversations next to me:

--"Wow, Funyuns!  I like Funyuns!" (middle-aged man with mullet and severe southern accent)

--"I got a new flag at the Oak Mill Flea Market.  It's a rebel flag with skull and crossbones."  (same middle aged man with mullet and severe southern accent)

--"Girls are fun.  You just gotta make sure you get one that's rich so she can buy you stuff."  (same middle aged man with mullet and severe southern accent, speaking to his friend's pre-pubescent son)

A few hours at the beach were worth enduring Redneck Bojangles.  This has been the best SBC yet, and it hasn't even started!

1 Comments:

Anonymous jordy said...

You have a nice website,very well organized ,i let you a few links to mi websites,have a nice day,i will visit you again to reed the new articles,Jordy from Madrid
Nehoiu online Asesinos seriales Directorio web SEO

4:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]