#body {margin-top:10px;}
Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Insert Irreverence Here

My craving for dinner tonight was for sushi at Miyako, but when the wait for a to-go order was going to be about a half-an-hour, I went home and settled for a bowl of frosted mini-wheats and a Stella Artois. I can't remember the last time I actually cooked a hot meal for myself. Such a shame...but no time!

I'm booked solid for the next two weeks with visits from out-of-town friends, mission trip meetings, training sessions at the Rescue Mission, a wedding shower, Book Club, dogsitting the Puppa, and even dinner with a dear, old high school friend I haven't seen in *ahem* ten years. Oh, and did I mention that I hold a 7 to 4 as well?

I'll be lucky to get some pool time and fireworks in during this favorite holiday weekend of mine. Only if I had a man and a grill... But at least I'll have my single girlfriends, and if I'm lucky, maybe a hot dog at the Sonic.

My wine class ended last Wednesday night. Perfect timing, really. We spent our last class creating our own blended wines. We were given three white wines and three red wines and told to mix them for an original concoction. My group won the white wine category, and I was really proud of that. I think I even did jazz hands when my instructor announced the winner. Don't tell anyone. I love to win.

SBC was, well, S.B.C. Some of you are privileged to know how I've been referring to the event, and it certainly didn't fall short of my expectations. Let's put it this way.... On the way up to Louisville last Friday, I fell downwind of a truck shuttling horses at 30 mph on a ten-mile stretch of 65N. The parallel? Both were a whole 'lotta ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]